Tags: travel news
Categorised in: Travel News
From wildlife safaris in Kenya to wandering the romantic streets of Paris, this ultimate bucket list has something for every intrepid globe trotter in 2018.
FlightNetwork, an online travel publication, polled over 800 journalists, bloggers, agencies and editors for their top destinations and compiled them into this list of 50 epic experiences. (Full disclosure: I was one of the travel gurus surveyed for this list, but none of my picks made the cut.)
And whether you end up booking your next dream vacation or not, the list is certainly good fodder for wanderlust… or another day in the office.
Here are the top ten:
1. A wildlife safari in Gambia, Kenya or Tanzania.
2. An expedition to Antarctica.
3. Experience the Northern Lights in Iceland, Sweden, Canada or Norway.
4. Hike to Machu Pichu in Peru.
5. Sail Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands.
6. Wander the streets of Paris, France.
7. Spend a night in an overwater bungalow in the Maldives, French Polynesia or Fiji.
8. See gorillas in their natural habitat in Rwanda.
9. Explore Iceland’s many landscapes.
10. Try island hopping in Greece.
The continental United States didn’t make the top ten cut, but visiting the Grand Canyon clocked in at number eleven. Others that piqued my interest but aren’t listed here were diving the Great Barrier Reef (13), visiting the Egyptian pyramids (21), exploring Petra, Jordan (24) and seeing the Great Wall of China (25).
Some on this list are more questionably ethical, like taking a slum tour in India or volunteering at an elephant sanctuary. Although both of those can be experienced in a way that gives back, there are also a lot of bad practices surrounding those activities. So make sure to do your research and find a good tour operator or sanctuary.
Did this list miss something? Or does it have you jonesing for your next vacation? Share your ultimate travel bucket list experience in the comments below.